|Area of ash fall after last eruption about 640,000 years ago|
The Science Behind Japan‘s Incredible ’Liquidfaction’ Videos
I'll be honest, I have no idea what the science is behind this phenomenon. I do know this for sure though; if I was walking through the park and the ground started swaying and cracking, then water started coming up through the cracks... I WOULD RUN LIKE HELL!
Navy Laser Sets Ship on Fire
I, for one, think his is great! After this successful test I am one step closer to owning my very own laser gun!
PLUS: This week in History!
- 1912: RMS Titanic leaves Southampton, England for her maiden voyage
- 1868: President Abraham Lincoln makes his last public speech
- 1970: Apollo 13 is launched
- 1976: The Apple 1 is created
- 1861: American Civil War Begins when Confederate forces fire on Fort Sumter
- 1945: President Franklin D. Roosevelt dies while in office; VP Harry Truman is sworn in a the 33rd President of the U.S.A.
- 1796: The first elephant ever seen in the U.S. arrives from India
- 1861: Fort Sumter surrenders to Confederate forces
- 1970: An oxygen tank aboard Apollo 13 explodes
- 1849: The Donner Party departs Springfield, Illinois, for California
- 1860: The first Pony Express rider reaches Sacramento, CA
- 1865: President Abraham Lincoln is shot in Ford's Theatre by John Wilkes Booth
- 1912: The RMS Titanic hits an iceberg in the North Atlantic at 11:40pm
- 1865: Abraham Lincoln dies without regaining consciousness after being shot the previous evening
- 1912: RMS Titanic sinks at 2:20am 1,517 people die
- 1881: Bat Masterson fights his last gun battle in Dodge City, KS